Sat, Oct 09|
The Pavilion at Wolf Lake Memorial Park
Race For A Cause
Love, Jessica Inc. is pleased to host our 1st Annual Race For A Cause! October is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month and we hope to do this event every year during the month of October!
Time & Location
Oct 09, 2021, 9:00 AM
The Pavilion at Wolf Lake Memorial Park, 2324 Calumet Ave, Hammond, IN 46320, USA
About the Event
Love, Jessica is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization designed to financially assist families with medical and funeral expenses after a miscarriage or stillbirth. Our mission is to ease the financial burden as well as help start the healing process. 501(c)3 ID: 84-2808415.
THIS IS NOT JUST A RACE, IT IS AN EVENT, AND HERE IS WHY.......!
- DJ from 7:30am-12pm to get you ready to run!
- Swag Bag FULL of items!
- Dri-Fit race day t-shirt, fillable on the back ("I run for...."). Choose from Pink or Blue.
- Finishers Medal - you do not want to miss this one!
- 4 pull tabs on the bottom of your bib & kids bibs, redeemable for different items (food, beverage, sweets, etc.).These items will be worth a minimum of $15.
- Vendors setup for you to browse around before/after the race.
- Large grassy area in the middle of the action to prepare & recover!
- Kids Zone with items to keep the kids entertained! Volunteers watching the kids, so both parents can run!
**Images of T-Shirt, Finishers Medal will be announced soon**
**This race will be professionally timed by Tempo Run & Timing. Results will be available on the website shortly after the finish**
**This is a Sponsored Race from Calumet Region Striders** (Coupon code for Striders)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE FOR FREE:
- Turn your entry into a fundraiser, share it with family/friends
- Raise $200 and get refunded the signup amount you paid for the 5k
- Raise $100 and get refunded the signup amount you paid for the Kids Dash
IN PERSON EVENTS:
- Saturday, October 9th
- The Pavilion at Wolf Lake Memorial ParkHammond, Indiana
- Packet pickup will be held at Fleet Feet in Schererville, IN the week of the event. Detailed days/times will be announced closer to the race.Packets will be mailed to virtual participants
SCHEDULE FOR EVENT DAY:
- 7:30am-8:30am: Race day registration + in-person packet up
- 8:30am: Welcome Ceremony honoring families who have experienced a pregnancy loss
- 9:00am: 5k Competitive Run/Walk
- 10:00am: 1k Kids Dash
- 10:30am: Prizes awardedDJ & Food Vendors will be setup until 12pm Kids Zone will be setup from 7:30am-12pm (details to be announced)
- All participants will receive:Swag Bag Finishers medal Dri-Fit race day t-shirtFillable on the back ("I run for....") Prizes awarded to the top Male & Female finisher in each age group:(under 12, 13-18, 29-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+) Prizes for 1st overall male & female finisher Kids are welcome to participate in the 5k if they can handle the distance!
1k Kids Dash (ages 4-12)
This will take place after the 5k is complete, so that parents can cheer on their kids! The course will be 2 loops around the pavilion area and will be lined with volunteers to direct the kids. 1k is approx. 0.62 miles, finished by kids normally in about 4-10 minutes.
- All participants will receive:Swag bag T-shirt Finishers medal Free unlimited access to the Kids Zone Prizes awarded to the top Male & Female finisher in each age group:(4-6, 7-9, 10-12)
**REGISTER BY SEPTEMBER 10TH TO BE GUARANTEED A SHIRT**
CAN'T MAKE IT IN PERSON?
5k Run/Walk Virtual / 1k Kids Dash Virtual
Complete the 5k or 1k from anywhere, anytime during the month of October! Run, Walk, Bike! Your swag bag, with t-shirt & medal will be mailed to you after you register. Send us a picture or post a picture of you/your family/children after completing the race with your medal on and be entered into a chance to win one of our virtual prizes! Be sure to tag @lovejessicaorg and use #raceforacause #lovejessica.
Sponsorship opportunities available! E-mail Race Director, Jennifer Jara at email@example.com for more information.