Sun, Oct 03|
Valparaiso Fire Station #2
Valpo Fire: Helmet Hustle and Dalmatian Dash
Proceeds to benefit Supporting Heroes Inc., Local 1124 fundraising account, and the Valparaiso Fire Department Honor Guard.
Time & Location
Oct 03, 2021, 10:00 AM
Valparaiso Fire Station #2, 2605 Cumberland Dr, Valparaiso, IN 46383, USA
About the Event
Sunday, October 3rd, 2021 10:00AM (5K Run) & 10:05AM (1 Mile Dog Walk)Valparaiso Fire Station #2 2605 Cumberland Dr Valparaiso, IN 46383
Register online until 4PM October 2nd.
On site race day packet pick up begins Sunday, October 3rd at 8:45AM
Awards presented to the top overall male and female and to the top male and female in each age group: 14 & under; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70 & over.
Computerized Timing provided by Tempo Run Timing.
A water station will be located on the course.
No strollers, bicycles, in-line skates, or scooters allowed. Handicap equipment is permitted.
For the 5K, children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Shirts are guaranteed to all preregistered runners and walkers before 9/23/21. On and after this date, supplies are limited.
- 5K Run: Early Registration: $35
- Race Day Registration: $40, ends 9:30am
- Dog Walk Early Registration (13+): $15
- Dog Walk Race Day Reg. (13+): $20
- Dog Walk Ages 3-12: $5
- Dog Walk Ages 2 and under: Free
- Choose the No Shirt option to save $5
- Extra Shirts (sizes Youth Medium to Adult 2XL) may be added to either event. $5 for youth sizes and $10 for adult sizes.
- See Referral Program section on how to save more money.
By participating in the Dog Walk, each owner agrees to the following:
- The dog handler must be 16 years of age or older.
- All children must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- All dogs must be current on vaccines.
- Valpo Fire reserves the right to prohibit participation of any dog displaying aggressive behavior towards people or other dogs.
- Participants must clean up after their dogs.
Proceeds to benefit Supporting Heroes Inc., Local 1124 fundraising account, and the Valparaiso Fire Department Honor Guard. Supporting Heroes assists the families of first responders in a tri-state area (Indiana, Kentucky, and Missouri) that lost their lives in the line of duty. They support them both financially and emotionally. For more information on Supporting Heroes, follow the link: https://www.supportingheroes.org/
Specific COVID guidelines per Porter County Health Department and/or State of Indiana will be shared with all participants closer to event date or as necessary.